Released in May 2011, from the Instructional Technology Council, the 2010 Distance Education Survey Results: Trends in eLearning: Tracking the Impact of eLearning at Community Colleges, offers seven issues of relevant regulatory and legislative activity that are currently impacting the trends in distance learning.
- State Authorization for Institutions Offering Distance Education to Out-of-State Students
- Increased Scrutiny of For-Profit higher Education Institutions
- Broadband Techology Opportunities Program (BTOP)
- Failure to Enact the American Graduation Initiative
- Passage of the TAA Community College and Career Training Grants Program
- The Department of Education’s National Education Technology Plan
- The 2008 Higher Education Opportunites Act (HEOA)
Learn more by reading the full report.