According to a recent article in The Atlantic, student debt is at an all time high and continues to rise. Here are some interest facts about the debt crisis for students along with sky-rocketing tuition costs.
- In the past few years U.S. student debt has surpassed the stock of automotive, home equity lines of credit and credit card debt.
- Over the past 35 years, tuition costs have risen 1100%!
- At the end of 2012, 43% of all 25 year olds were carrying student debt.
- About 70% of students carry between 1K-25K in student loan debt.
- About 30% are over 90 days behind on a payment due.